We have an absolute amazing team for the VK0EK DXpedition. You will not find a more cohesive team that has both purpose and heart in the right places. Some of these guys are seasoned DXpeditioners who have been on teams activating:
- Peter I Island
- Kure Island
- San Felix
- Heard Island
- Easter Island
- Solomon Islands
- South Georgia
- South Sandwich
- Campbell Island
- Mellish Reef
- St. Brandon
- So many more, just can’t list them all. Dave, WJ2O has activated 100 places alone!
We also have 2 fellows who we are introducing to DXpeditioning. We feel that the DX Community needs new DXpeditioners – as some of our beloved DXpeditioners who have done so much for the community get to ages where they will not be able to continue to activate “new ones”. We guarantee you will welcome these new ops – as they have been training in contests for more than a year. We have not been able to contain or tame them – so maybe the world working VK0EK can try?
Here is a short list of “kudo’s” the team has received (so far) just while operating as ZL/ZS9HI/MM:
- Thanks to the great operator who heard me this morning at whisper level on 15 meters in very rare grid LD! Jonathan – W1CU
- Thanks for putting the “MM” on the air. I worked you on 40 meters tonight QRP with a dipole ! Not sure how I will make out as a QRP station when you hit land but it was fun working you guys on the way there. Working ZL/ZS9HI/MM with 5 watts and a hunk of wire ….thats a QSO I will never forget ! Safe travels and Thanks! 73 Rick KA2PBO
- Thanks for operating /MM as I just got a new Field as they are in Field LD. I am hoping they clip the corner of Field ND on the way to western Australia.on the way home. Have a safe trip and 73 de Al, K8SIX
- My pleasure to work ZL/ZS9HI/mm last night on 40m CW! K0MB
Last night I worked the Braveheart on cw with my vertical and 100 watts, I know I will be able to work them when they are on the Island. Best 73 Don President Dayton Amateur Radio Assn. (DARA) Donald J. DuBon N6JRL
And remember, the /MM operation is just a “warm up” and they already have > 6000 QSO’s in that log! I personally have heard or worked them every night on 40M. And when they were in parts of the world that have not been easy for me to work stations before, so my experience has been just as enthusiastic as others.
This will be definitely the best DXpedition ever. Thanks a lot and thumbs up to the whole team. I am looking forward to catch you on the air.
All the best and THUMBS UP TO ALL OF YOU –
Vy 73’s de DD5XX
Thank you Saki, and as the team steams toward Heard Island, I can tell you from the excitement on board the Braveheart that the team is ready to disembark, get set up – and get everyone in the log.
Speaking of that – I will post my 10th and last “How to Work Us” article in the series. I sure hope you have enjoyed the series, and if any of it helps you make your ATNO with VK0EK, please do let me know. The entire VK0EK Team and I wish you all the best!
73, Rich, KY6R