As Visalia 2015 IDXC winds down in its last few hours – we can report that it was a fantastic experience that exceeded our expectations. Here are the key points:
- We met a record crowd – both in number of attendees as well as those traveling from DX locations
- We exceeded our expectations regarding the “Visalia Special” Angel Matching Fund. A hearty thanks to all who donated so generously – we will post your call on our two web sites very soon – just after we get back home. Your support is what makes these projects happen! We can’t thank you enough.
- We received a very enthusiastic and warm reception from the DX Community. We met many whom we had corresponded online – but it was so great to meet you in person!
- Our table and displays went over very well
- We met with most of our equipment sponsors – which was excellent
- We met with several other DX-pedition organizers and teams
- We had several well known operators inquire about joining the team
- We received some new and very exciting proposals to add even more innovative ideas and features to our DX-pedition
- Our table was busy and usually swamped with at least two groups asking questions and giving encouragement for the entire two days that we had the table set up – from 8 AM – 5 PM both Friday and Saturday. BTW – our table had a superb location (thanks so much, John = K6MM!). We had a rotating set of 100 pictures of Heard Island running as well as a live DXA3 demo running all day both days. The crowd loved it.
- Rich, KY6R presented at the DX University and received very positive feedback afterwards
- We were introduced in the DX Forum – and Bob gave a status update that was very well received
- We had a nice photo op at the NCDXF booth
An amazing show – all positive outcomes and several new DX-pedition announcements (FT/J and KH5).
The NCDXC really pulled out all the stops this year – this was the best IDXC we have ever experienced! Huge thanks to our great friends and supporters at the NCDXC, NCDXF, all of the clubs and individuals and your FB support.
We look forward to seeing you again at Dayton – where several team members plan on being there with Expedition Leader Bob, KK6EK and Radio Team Leader Dave, K3EL!